Announcement to Not-for-Profit Charitable Organizations of Availability of:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT GRANT FUNDS (CDBG)
In Response to COVID-19
On behalf of the Town of Islip, the CDA Board of Directors and entire CDA staff, we hope this announcement finds you, your family and staff well during this challenging time.
We understand that the safety and well-being of our communities is one of the most important priorities during this unprecedented and difficult time.
For this reason, the Town of Islip and CDA is taking immediate action to “Flatten the Curve” by reaching out to all public service, charitable not-for-profit agencies.
We are pleased to announce the availability of grant funds to assist your organization with expenses that you have incurred or are likely to incur to prevent, prepare for and respond to limit the exposure and spread of the coronavirus COVID-19.
The following are eligible activities that prevent, prepare for and respond to the spread of COVID-19:
- Supplies – masks, gloves and gowns
- Cleaning equipment or cleaning services
- Payroll for additional staff directly related to the COVID-19 crisis
- Deliver meals to quarantined individuals or individuals who need to maintain social distancing from others due to medical vulnerabilities.
If you are interested in applying for this grant, please visit us on our website at: www.islipcda.org
Keep safe, be healthy and stay well.
James H. Bowers
Town of Islip
Community Development Agency
15 Shore Lane, Bay Shore, NY 11706
(631) 665-1185 www.islipcda.org